Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates who wish to be enlisted as Interns to serve Discovery Rodrigues Company Ltd for a period of 1 month to 2 years, renewable for up to one additional year.
Title: Internship at Discovery Rodrigues Co. Ltd
Posting: Discovery Rodrigues Co. Ltd
IMMEDIATE REPORTING RELATIONSHIP:
The Intern reports to:
The Managing Director of Discovery Rodrigues Co Ltd.
OBJECTIVES OF THE INTERNSHIP:
- To attract the best and brightest young minds to work in the Tourism Sector;
- To enable young people to contribute to the Tourism sector;
- To attract resources for a well- defined task to deal with shortage of skills;
- To provide an opportunity to graduates to get some work experience
a) Technical and Administrative Support
- Assist the office in seeking information as regards to new projects and programs.
- To prepare and implement tourism development plans.
- Support the office and project teams in the review of operations papers, primarily at design stage, and provide advice to strengthen the promotional campaigns.
- Provide analytical support for the implementation of project with a view to clearing bottlenecks and ensuring SMART completion of projects/programs.
- Assist the office in providing SMART advice on the formulation and implementation of policy geared towards strategic economic growth/development.
- To provide support to the company’s various programs to achieve specified outputs and/or meet agreed targets.
b) Research Work, assistance to initiatives and better work practice
- Participate and lead in tourism projects and tourism promotional campaigns.
- Disseminate research outputs through the publication of policy papers, briefs and technical notes.
- Develop new initiatives in the course of the fulfillment of the duties.
- Improve internal management/administrative processes.
- Collection of data and the setting up of an MIS to facilitate strategic and SMART Decision Making.
- Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Result Oriented
- Ability to integrate in Teams
- Learning and Knowledge Sharing
FIELDS/ AREAS IN WHICH INTERNS ARE REQUIRED FOR LONG TERM ASSIGNMENTS:
- Marketing and Management (Tourism)
- Media and Communication
- Leisure and Entertainment
Candidates should not have reached their 45th birthday by the closing date for the submission of applications.
A university degree (with Second Class Honours in the Second Division) from an accredited University.
Interns enlisted under the are remunerated by an all-inclusive monthly allowance within the following matrix:
|QUALIFICATIONS||ALL INCLUSIVE ALLOWANCE|
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French
- Knowledge of a third language is an advantage
- Ability to work in a team and take SMART decisions
- Computer Literacy
After pre-selection, a final offer will only be made on the basis of an agreed work programme with the relevant office. In this process, typically, preference will be given to those willing to serve for a minimum of 6 months. In general a longer period of service is preferred.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS:
Applications should be submitted on the form available at Discovery Rodrigues Co. Ltd office, Port Mathurin, Rodrigues not later than 31 August 2017 at 15.00 hours.
Candidates will be interviewed in person and the selection exercise will be conducted by a Selection Panel.
Discovery Rodrigues Co. Ltd reserves the right to contact only the best qualified candidates.
Candidates are advised to read carefully the “NOTES AND INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES” before filling in the APPLICATION FORM available at the office of Discovery Rodrigues.